If you are a resident in Holly Township or Rose Township, you are required to have a burn permit whenever you are open Burning. This system allows you to register for an annual burning permit which is valid for the current calendar year. There is no cost for the permit. If you do not wish to register for the permit yourself online, you have the option of applying for a permit in person at your Township Office or the NOCFA Station 1. The addresses of each office are listed at the bottom of this page.
Registering is simple and takes just a few minutes to complete. You will be asked to do the following:
1. Read over the burn permit rules.
2. You will be asked five (5) true or false questions having to do with the rules you just read. If you answer them correctly you will be allowed to register for a permit. If you do not answer correctly, you may try again until you have answered all five questions correctly.
3. Complete the registration. Enter your address and name. You must enter in a phone number. You may enter up to two (2) different phone numbers. The phone numbers you enter will automatically be linked to your permit and are used to verify your address and information on the days that you call in to the system to burn.
4. Once you have completed the registration, print out the permit. Permits should be kept somewhere at your residence.
5. On the day that you are going to burn, you must call the burn permit activation line at 248-634-2620 to activate your permit for that day. YOU MUST CALL FROM ONE OF THE PHONE NUMBERS YOU REGISTERED WITH. An automated message will prompt you to activate your permit for that day. Once activated your permit will be valid for that day and will automatically notify the fire department that it’s active.
You may also obtain a burn permit in person, at any of the following locations:
Holly Township Offices
102 Civic Dr Holly, MI 48442 248-634-9331
Rose Township Offices
9080 Mason St Holly, MI 48442 248-634-6889
NOCFA Station #1
5051 Grange Hall Rd Holly, MI 48442 248-634-4511 x1
*If you are having problems with this site please contact NOCFA station #1.
To proceed with registering for a burn permit please click continue.
If already have a valid permit and need to update your phone number on file, click here.